This year, Hotbed’s team got the opportunity to be involved in planning this year’s American Advertising Awards competition in Columbus. With our Executive Producer on the Advertising Federation of Columbus Board of Directors as well as co-chairing the event, there were a lot of moving parts to plan throughout the past 9 months!
Planning included building and managing the call for entries advertising efforts, recruiting an elite panel of judges, organizing the judging process, and helping organize the gala itself, which was held at COSI for the first time.
Part of the planning included several video components, and Hotbed was invited to create the opening video to kick off the evening.
• Take established branding created for print and translate into video with movement, editorial and motion graphic design
• Kick off the show with a countdown and an attention-grabbing video opener
• Show the winning work in an ambiguous way (to not give away any winning spoilers!)
• Graphic theme elements and bright colors transformed seamlessly into a sliding, perfectly busy and balanced barrage of video magic.
• The vivid and fast-moving countdown transitioned into a booming Franz Ferdinand visual collage that got the attention of the 359 attendees
• Winning work in all mediums was edited into quick-building sequences that gave a flavor of the huge variety while keeping an air of mystery.
Check it out!
Hotbed is super proud of all our contributions to this year’s ADDY competition.
Read more about the event here.